Library required!This mod requires the HugsLib Library in order to work. Please, ensure you have it installed and on a higher position in the mods list.
The Children, School and Learning Mod introduces the possibility for your colonists to have children, and take them to school to learn all the necessary skills to eventually become productive members to the colony.
Children, School and Learning Mod features
The children and pregnancy added by this mod is defined by the following features:
- By default, children are born 15 years old. This is configurable on the mod settings.
- Pregnancy works the same way as with animals. There is a 20% chance of pregnancy every time two colonists do the lovin’ action.
- Children inherit skills from the parents (configurable), but have random passions and traits.
- A new birth control drug can be bought or crafted and given a schedule to take using a newly created drug policy. One pill lasts 5 days. It can also be added with ‘Prepare Carefully’ under medical.
- Children are born after 45 days. There are 15 days early-stage (not visible, but chance to vomit), 15 days middle-stage and 15 days late-stage (these are unchanged base-game values!).
The Children, School and Learning Mood also adds a backboard and a school table where skilled pawns can teach different subjects.
- Students can only learn with a teacher present.
- Students can learn 1 year until they are 16 (configurable).
- Teachers need the intellectual skill at a decent level and a high level in the subject they are teaching.
The Children, School and Learning Mod is compatible with the following mods:
- Humanoid Alien Races 2.0
- Orassans (no patch needed).
- Ferian’s (no patch needed).
- Androids (androids can’t get pregnant by default, editable from mod options).
- Rim of Madness – Vampires & Werewolves (Vampires can’t have children by default, but can be enabled on the mod options. Werewolf children first transform when they get 12 years old and werewolf pregnancy takes only 40% of normal time by default. Both curses are inherited by default but can be configured).
- For other races that add additional body parts (such as tails) you’ll need to install this patch (direct download).
- The Birds and the Bees. The fertility variable influences the chance to get pregnant. Some colonists might not be able to have children because of it. Place this mod after the children mod.
- Expanded Prosthetics and Organs Engineering
- EdB Prepare Carefully
It should be compatible with any other mods as long as they don’t change the birth/lovin’ routines, or introduces other species (lovin’ across species can result in children looking wrong).
Children, School and Learning Mod Review
The Children, School and Learning Mod finally brings what many of us have longed for: children! The ability to have children brings hope the a colony whose only purpose was otherwise survival. Now you can work for a better future for the next generations. The fact that you can take them to school and make them learn skills is a plus.