As a piece of the Zipangu pack of mods, the Samurai Mod brings two samurai factions to RimWorld (neutral and hostile).
Samurai Mod features
For 133 years, war was a constant flow in Japan, as clans rose and fell, each seeking to unify the land under their banner. Known as the Sengoku Period or Sengoku Jidai, this age of “Warring States” saw such notable figures as Oda Nobunaga, Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Tokugawa Ieyasu. Each unified the land more than the last, till Ieyasu established the Tokugawa Shogunate, which unified Japan and ended the Sengoku Period.
Samurai were of course instrumental in the warfare of this time; as such, the Samurai Mod aims to add in all that an aspiring Shogun needs for their troops:
- Need to hack and slash? How about 9 new melee weapons?
- Want kill from a distance? Then try out the 7 new ranged weapons!
- Or, perhaps you just want to play it safe; if so, then we’ve got 24 new pieces of armor and apparel.
- Is hair your defining feature? From way up here it seems so, thus try out the 5 new female and 6 new male hairstyles!
- We also added 7 new traits for your colonists to feel special about.
The Samurai Mod is not compatible with Combat Extended.
The Samurai Mod is available in English (by Mugekur i), Simplified Chinese (by Suigetu) and Traditional Chinese (by BiscuitMiner).