I like the idea of being able to get some useful resources out of stone, but with “static” outcomes it felt (to me at least) a bit weird that each and every piece of stone on the planet contains steel, gold, silver, uranium, jade and plasteel and yet being able to extract only one of them.
Randomized Stone Refinery Mod Balance
- The recipe requires slightly more work than the one for smelting slag chunks
- There is a limit to how much of one resource can be obtained from one chunk (a maximum of two pieces of gold per chunk for example)
- Each chunk should yield somewhere between 2 to 40 market value worth of resources (loosely based on VFE – Mechs’ steel extractor recipe)
- There’s a guaranteed one piece of steel per chunk (yes, I am indeed aware of my vast generosity)
This mod has been made with just xml, meaning it should be (mostly) safe from my lack of actual coding skills.
- The recipe should accept any modded stone chunk (unless for some reason they are given different categories, in which case it won’t)
- Vanilla Factions Expanded – Mechanoids – The steel extractor, along with its normal recipes, can perform this recipe (minus that one piece of steel)
- CE – not compatible at all
- Patches for other modded resources might be added later, I’m open to suggestions (but I won’t be touching any bug overhaul mods)