The Rah’s Bionics and Surgery Expansion Mod aims to enrich the bionics and surgery gameplay as much as possible, without being intrusive to the vanilla experience. While originally intended to be a streamlined and ‘improved’ version of Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering, which it still is to some degree, it is now closer to a standalone and complete medical mod. This mod features all kinds of prostheses and bionic parts, bone repairs and scar healing surgeries for your needs.
Your colonists will, however, struggle for a while if they lose limbs or become severely crippled in the early game, until you manage to craft the rare and expensive bionic parts. You can still make simple prostheses and repair shattered bones relatively fast after researching it, but the resource cost is quite high for most things. Peg legs, wooden feet and dentures are of course always available for free. 😉 Early colony life was never easy!
Rah’s Bionics and Surgery Expansion Mod features
- 2 workbenches.
- Bionic Workbench: craft an array of bionic prostheses. (simple parts available at a machining table)
- Advanced Medical Station: craft advanced bionic prostheses, synthetic organs and brain implants.
- Bone repairs for clavicles, femurs, tibias etc. (spinal fusion included)
- Old scars and gunshot wounds can be cured with Glitterworld medicine after research.
- All bionic parts cost quite a bit of resources, mainly in plasteel and components. (ex: 1 bionic arm costs 80 plasteel and 6 components.)
- Most simple prosthetic parts cost steel and components. (ex: 1 simple prosthetic arm costs 120 steel and 4 components.)
- Balanced bionic parts: Decked out bionic pawns are powerful, but not game breakingly overpowered.
- Organ rejection/adaption system for organ transplants. (vanilla friendly)
- Organs need refrigeration to avoid rot and decay.
- 3 new chronic diseases: Chronic kidney disease, congenital heart defect, chronic stomach disorder.
- 3 new brain implants for the late game and for brain damaged colonists.
- Hook hand available through the “Smithing” research.
- Bionics and surgery research tree with its own research tab.
- Archotech parts cannot be crafted, just like in vanilla. They are also slightly superior to advanced bionic parts.
- 3 implant colors: Light blue for simple parts, blue for bionics and purple for advanced parts.
- Medicine and Glitterworld Medicine have original red colors from A16.
- Redundancy kept to a minimum.
- Bug fixes and balance work.
Check out all parts’ values on this RBSE Spreadsheet.
RBSE Hardcore Edition
A separate version that has higher resource costs, and is therefore best suited for players who are looking for a bigger challenge. Works great on the harder difficulties, especially with Cassandra:
- Ghrull for the SPANISH translation.
- Well for the RUSSIAN translation.
- AmUnRA for the GERMAN translation.
- Duduluu for the CHINESE translation.
- MilSu-UpZa for the KOREAN translation.
- Jozay for the FRENCH translation.
- Cpl.Hicks for the POLISH translation.
- Ykara for his EPOE mod.
- Minus for his Extended Surgery mod.
- kaptain_kavern and Aristocat for some of the coding / inspiration.
- Haplo for his dll file that helped with the scar healing balance issue.
Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion Mod Review
Pawns. Lose. Limbs. It’s a reality. With Rah’s Bionics and Surgery Expansion Mod you can help them walk again, or craft again… or see again… but, even better, you can improve their capabilities to super human levels with bionic expansions! And, if you’re already a fan of the EPOE mod but you’re looking for a hardest challenge, RBSE offers you this possibility.