Always wanted to build your own restaurant, tavern, or cafe? Now you can!
Gastronomy allows (optionally) guests and (optionally) colonists to sit down and order their meals from a waiter.
Gastronomy Mod features
- Colonists and/or guests will sit down and order food
- Your designated waiters will serve them
- You can use the cash register to control the opening times, menu, and more
- Hospitality guests will pay for their meals
- Food price, waiting times and waiter affect the mood of the patron
- You can run multiple registers with different shifts, menus and prices each
How does it work?
- Once installed, you can toggle any table to be a dining table.
- Assign colonists as waiters to let them take care of any patrons who want to order. You do this by giving them the “Wait” job. It is recommended to set them to forced work at least for a few hours each day with waiting at maximum priority, so no one has to go hungry.
- You need to build a cash register to operate your establishment. Add shifts to the cash register and assign colonists that are set to be waiters.
- Set the radius of the register to include all tables that should be waited and all food that should be served.
- At the cash register you can also choose who can be a patron, when the opening times are, what’s on the menu, and make price adjustments.
- During active shifts people will come and try to order at the dining tables, instead of just raiding the fridge or (Randy behold) eat out of their inventory… WITHOUT A TABLE. Outside of the active shifts, everyone acts as normal.
- Note that if patrons have to wait too long they will incur a minor mood penalty. The price of the food and the waiter serving them (opinion, traits, social skill, mood) will further affect their mood.
Multiple locations: each register can have its own setup, with separate menus, settings, and staff. From each register you can select, add and delete setups. Each setup needs at least one register to work.
As with all non-QOL mods, it is not recommended to remove it mid-game.
If you’re on Linux, use the Linux Harmony Fix to prevent crashes.
There are only few incompatible mods known yet (please let me know if you find any). Probably crazy stuff like special prisoners and babies and what-not will cause issues. We’ll see.
– Room Food (patrons will not order)
– WM Smarter Food Selection (patrons will not order; suspected)
– Z-levels (patrons freeze at tables)
– Variety Matters Dinner Time (waiters won’t prefer room food, a VM DT feature)
– Impassable Furniture (waiters stop moving if tables are impassable)
– Vampires and werewolves from Jecrell’s mods (cause errors)
Recommended mods to use with- Any mod that adds new meals will make this mod more interesting
– Vanilla Cooking Expanded: A good balance of new meals
– Hospitality: Guests who come by will sleep in a bed, rate their stay and buy things on sale
– Variety Matters: Patrons will prefer food that has variety.
What’s next? I’m curious what you think about this mod. If you want to have a say in where the mod goes, check out the roadmap, or discuss features, please consider becoming a patron.
Older versions can be found HERE.