The Work Tab Mod provides a vastly more customizable work tab.
Work Tab Mod features
- Work types can be expanded (by Ctrl+clicking the column header) to allow you to set priorities for the individual tasks within each work type.
- Time scheduler to set priorities for a given time slot only – allowing you to designate a cleaning hour, or have your cook prepare meals right before dinner, etc. etc.
- Up to 9 priority levels (configurable in mod options)
- Various small UX tweaks; scrolling to increase/decrease/toggle priorities, increase/decrease priorities for whole columns/rows (by holding shift and clicking/scrolling while hovering over the column header/pawn name respectively).
- All functions are detailed in the tooltips, take a moment to hover over and read them!
The Work Tab Mod completely takes over job priorities from the vanilla game. In order to support core functionalities and other mods, it intercepts calls to get/set priorities. However, when it is told to set priorities by other modded or vanilla code, that code is not aware of the time schedule, and the priority will be set for the whole day. As such, this mod is currently incompatible with mods that dynamically change priorities (e.g. Force Pawn to do a Job).
Known issues: With UI scaling turned on, vertical labels are drawn in the wrong position. I’ve been working on this problem for a while, but have been unable to come up with a solution. Workarounds are to not use UI scaling, or to turn vertical labels off in the mod options. See the issue report for more details.
Please, report any bugs you may encounter here.
License: all original code in this mod is licensed under the MIT license. Do what you want, but give the author credit. All original content (e.g. text, imagery, sounds) in this mod is licensed under the CC-BY-SA 4.0 license.
- Bronytamin: Russian translation
- Duduluu: Chinese translation
- Eric Swanson: Help with time-dependent tooltips
- DoctorVanGogh: Help with typos in build script
- MrClon: Russian translation
- mercutiodesign: Optional scrollwheel usage setting
- Bugo: Russian translation (update)
- Arex-rus: Russian translation (fixes)
- mora145: Spanish translation
Work Tab Mod Review
The Work Tab Mod adds a bunch of new functions to the work tab that can help you assign jobs much faster than the vanilla tab. It takes a while to get acquainted to, but once you know how it works it really allows for much more customization.