The Wall Lights mod adds a new light object that can be mounted on walls. Wall lights will allow you to gain space in all rooms instead of wasting tiles with standing lamps. These lights are meant to be placed on a tile in front of a wall and rotated in place.
Wall Lights Mod features
- Configurable Balance: Choose how much steel a light should cost to build, how much power it uses, and the radius of the light it generates.
- Show Lit Radius: When placing a light this option will display a rough estimation of the area around the light that will be considered lit when placed. It will also show the already existing lit area in the room to ensure your entire base is properly lit.
- Show Facing on Name: If this option is toggled on, the name of the wall light will include which direction it is facing, for when you have multiple lights facing different directions on the same piece of wall.
- Extended Colors: Includes the mod ‘Wall Light – Extended Colors’ by SineSwiper. When enabled, it will add new lights with the colors: Yellow, Magenta, Cyan, Rose, Violet, Azure, Spring Green, Chartreuse, and Orange.
- Also includes Wall Sun Lights (Requires colored lights research, because purple):
- Can be disabled if you have no use for them.
- Can be configured like the regular wall lights.
- Has a ‘White Mode’ option if the bright purple light bothers you.
Wall Lights Mod Review
Wall Lights are really useful when it comes to illuminating small spaces, storages particularly, and you don’t want to waste a slot with a standing lamp. They also fit perfectly on hallways. It’s a little sloppy that you can actually place them floating on air… but just place them probably, will ya?