The Vertibird Transport – Standalone Mod introduces a reusable transport vehicle from the Fallout Universe to Rimworld.
- Construction : after proper research, needs plastel, steel, a load of components and an AI Subpersona Core. This mod is voluntarily aimed at endgame, and the cost simply reflects the huge strategic advantage it provides.
- May seriously detonate if damaged
- Can be minified for practical use, even if one could consider it unrealistic
- Transported pawn will eat, sleep and heal during the trip (won’t take ages though)
- Cargo capacity : 1200 (Vertibird) and 800 (Vertihawk)
- Maximum range at full tank : 65 hex (VB) / 130 hex (VH)
- Too scared of flying ? Have some fun with the dedicated model kits and start a glorious exhibit
- You need a pilot in the caravan, otherwise the aircraft will crash on landing (aka common sense)
- The gift option will actually give EVERYTHING to the faction (aircraft + cargo)
- Avoid map edges on landing, as the aircraft may disappear
- On landing, the aircraft position will reset to north. Can’t do anything about this 🙁
Additional credits: AKreedz for the source code and Chicken Plucker for his support and his entire dedication to the community.