Vanilla furniture is lacking in depth and quantity. After researching Complex Furniture, the research tree for furniture pretty much ends, with a couple of odd technologies adding things like Vitals Monitors and Hospital Beds along the way. As part of the Vanilla Furniture Expanded mod, the team consisting of the Author of Android Tiers, Atlas, and me would like to add some sort of progression to the furniture of the rim, whilst also keeping it Vanilla friendly. Listed below are the main focus points:
- Furniture added in this mod is by no means meant to be era specific (example: a neolithic technology will not add pieces of furniture only useful in that era). I want the items to be useful in spacer age, and not force players to deconstruct them in order to replace them with new ones.
- Main technologies (later explained in a technology tree) will add basic furniture. Any furniture with specialised use will follow the vanilla routine of having a separate technology designated to it.
- Different beds will have little variations in either crafting recipe, comfort or rest effectiveness provided etc.
- Graphics are vanilla friendly.
- Mechanics are vanilla friendly. It doesn’t introduce overly complicated schemes by the likes of Rimatomic, which adds extensive structure trees for energy.
- Mod is modular – This main mod features ONLY main technologies. Any technologies on top of that are released in form of additional mods.
- Doesn’t introduce any new resources.
- Most of the furniture should be able to use stuff to make. There is nothing worse than being stuck with an item color that you don’t really want.
There are currently issues with the items disappearing after being built. It is a mod conflict, which means only some of the users experience it and we are figuring it out.
There is an issue of things disappearing from the architect menu. It is because the mod has been added to an existing game, and you need to research Complex Furniture again.
Authors: Oskar Potocki, an artist and a designer, responsible for all the artwork and visual imagery. Atlas, a programmer and author of Android Tiers, responsible for all the programming.
Vanilla Furniture Expanded Mod Review
The Vanilla Furniture Expanded Mod adds a huge amount of new furniture and it really does deliver on its “vanilla friendliness”. It will feel like these items have always been part of the game. There’s a lot of new tiers for early bases and for end-game bases so you can totally spoil your pawns.