The Vanilla Factions Expanded – Mechanoids Mod is unlike any other. A group of talented modders came together to make sure this mod is not only full of new interesting content, but also provides something to make the game a bit more dynamic.
In improves on the Custom Settlement Generation code to provide you with semi-random spaceships that Mechanoids can use to wreak havoc on the planet’s surface. Thanks to a lot of cooperation from some of the most famous modders out there, it is able to provide you with not just a new faction, but a unique mechanic of Total War, which makes the faction stronger the more ships land on the planet. It also gives you a little Factorio love letter in the form of fully automated machines that produce various items in the game, automatically. Did we mention it’s all happening automatically?
New buildable mechanoids can fill various roles around your colony, from cleaning and hauling to base defense. With supercomputers, you can now automate research, Autosowers and Autoharvesters on the other hand will allow you to begin your farming enterprise with no need for physical labor.
New quests, new events, new starting scenario, a storyteller, it’s all waiting for you. Merry Christmas!
Vanilla Factions Expanded – Mechanoids Mod features
Ship generation DOES NOT work with Large Faction Bases.
We are currently not tracking any issues. Please use Bug Reports discussion board to submit error logs. It is crucial you provide us with Hugslib logs – I am not interested in comments ‘X doesn’t work because Y’, and I will not reply to those. Hugslib logs are what tells us, devs, what went wrong, and what mods you were using.
To get hugslib logs, make sure you have a Hugslib mod running, then press F12 while in game and copy the link to us.
- Oskar Potocki, an artist and a designer, responsible for most of the artwork and visual imagery as well as mod design and xml.
- ISOREX, an artist responsible for a number of Automation machines and general art help.
- Sarg Bjornson, a programmer responsible for Automation code.
- erdelf, responsible for Total War code and general code help.
- Kikohi, a programmer responsible for the Settlement Generation code and events.
- Taranchuk, a programmer responsible for a solid chunk of C#.
- Kentington, a programmer responsible for buildable mechanoids.
- Chowder, a modder responsible for xml tweaks, factory design, balancing and descriptions.