One thing I always wanted to do but never could bring myself to do is overhaul the Empire faction in the Royalty DLC. For such a mysterious, powerful entity in the political sphere of RimWorld, there is surprisingly little content around them. When I wanted to make a Royalty focused playthrough, I quickly realized it’s just a ‘normal playthrough’ with ‘royalty sprinkles’ – so not really what I wanted.
So I did what I do best and sat down with my trusty google docs to design a complete overhaul to the Empire faction that will finally allow you to feel like a proper imperial nobility. From intrigues and art exhibitions, to hunting down deserters and protecting from the acts of terrorism, with this mod you can really make an Empire-centric playthrough and make a play for the Imperial throne.
With new permits, structures, apparel, vassalage system, royal honors, Great Hierarchy and titles, this mod is a powerhouse for those wanting to roleplay as the Imperial family, but it will also work just as well for people who only want one or two nobles in their colony.
For obvious reasons this mod requires Royalty DLC.
Vanilla Factions Expanded – Empire Mod features
- Using RuntimeGC or any mod that clears world pawns will result in the Great Hierarchy being broken. Use ‘Regenerate Great Hierarchy’ dev option if that happens.
If you encounter any issues, please provide Hugslib logs, as without them we will be unable to fix. Use the Bug Reports discussion to report bugs. Bugs reported elsewhere will be ignored and removed.
- Oskar Potocki, an artist and a designer, responsible for the artwork and visual imagery.
- Legodude17, a programmer responsible for the code.
- Allie, a programmer responsible for the code.
- Xrushha, a programmer responsible for the xml.
- Sir Van, an artist responsible for some art assets.
- Reann Shepard, writer responsible for descriptions.
- Storyteller artwork by Vitalii
Q: Does this mod add Deserter content? Can I fight the Empire?
A: No, this is VFE-Empire, not VFE-Deserters. Being hostile to the Empire makes 95% of the content in this mod disabled.
Q: Is this mod save game compatible?
A: Yeah! You can’t remove it after you add it though!
Q: It doesn’t make sense lore-wise that XYZ.
A: Ok, you do you.
Q: I don’t see the Royalty menu button at the bottom of my screen!
A: You need to join the Empire by gaining a titled pawn for the Great Hierarchy UI to become accessible.
Q: Is this mod compatible with Combat Extended?
Q: Does this mod work with Medieval playthroughs?
A: No, Royalty is an Ultratech faction.