Ever wished that a raid would just go horribly wrong? The Sometimes Raids Go Wrong Mod allows storytellers to add a random and sometimes hilarious twist to a raid.
Sometimes Raids Go Wrong Mod features
Random storytellers get a second roll of the dice and take the lowest (worst) result for the raiders.
- On a roll of 1, the raiders are infected by military mechanites, which cause effects similar to rapid ageing. If you capture prisoners from the raid, the progress of the mechanites can be halted with good medicine. If untreated or poorly treated, the mechanites can cause permament damage, effectively ageing the subject several years in a matter of hours.
- On a roll of 2, one of two things can happen. If the raiders came by land (that is, they walked in from the edge of the map) then they are beset by random manhunting enemies. If they came by air (drop pods) then those drops pods malfunction and crash rather than landing. This can injure and potentially kill the occupants.
- On a roll of 3, meteorites fall from the sky and strike randomly near the raiders. Or, if they arrived by drop pods, they arrive intoxicated.
- On a roll of 4, some of the raiders arrive on fire and will be pursued by mechanoids. Both sides will already be injured. Or, if they arrived by drop pods, some of the raiders break away from their friends and run wild.
- On a roll of 5 to 20, the raid goes ahead normally.
You can adjust the minimum and maximum dice roll values in the mod settings menu.
Other users report that the Sometimes Raids Go Wrong Mod does not work with Preemptive Strike.
This mod may not be compatible with Vanilla Expanded Framework. Please do not use this mod with it until a fix is found.