The Simple Utilities: Ceiling Mod allows the building of ceiling-mounted light fixtures, firefoam poppers, and sun lamps. Also includes darklight variants for Ideology users. The lights come in a variety of styles, and can be placed above furniture.
Simple Utilities: Ceiling Mod features
- 1×1 ceiling lights in 3 styles, using the Vanilla Textures Expanded texture variant feature to compress all 3 styles into a single building. You just use a button to switch between styles.
- 1×2 long ceiling light in 3 styles.
- 1×1 dark ceiling lights for ideology users, with a technist style as well.
- Ceiling mounted firefoam popper.
- Ceiling mounted sunlamps in 2 styles.
- Being able to mount a salvaged gloomlight to the ceiling.
- As far as stats go, all buildings treat the vanilla equivalent as their parent definition… with two exceptions: Ceiling mounted fixtures take longer to build, and as they are affixed to the structure, they cannot be minified/moved.
- Work placer code restricting placement to only roofed tiles.
- Buildings are all grouped into a dropdown category to avoid cluttering your build menus.
Q. I can’t find the lights.
A. They’re all grouped together under a drop-down menu. Usually the dark light is the first on the list.
Q. Can these be built over things like furniture?
A. Yes, so long as the furniture is built and not in blueprint form.
While you are allowed to place ceiling fixtures over furniture, like a table, you cannot place it over the blueprint-form of furniture. You need to finish building it first.
- Inspired by Chrscool8’s Overhead Ceiling Lights
- Also inspired by Teirdalin’s Ceiling Poppers mod.
- Vanilla Expanded Framework team for the texture variation feature