RimPlas is a synthetics mod, including plastics, addition synthetic textiles, injection moulding, carbon synthetics, graphene electrical buildings and some extra advanced synthetic items.
RimPlas Mod features
- RimPlas. A synthetic plastic used in building a huge variety of structures and items. Made from cloth and chemfuel.
- Carbon Fibre. A synthetic carbon reinforced polymer material used in building a variety of structures and items. Good resistance to heat. Made via injection moulding.
- Ballistic Kevlar. Ballistic Kevlar takes a combination of Kevlar and Carbon fibre and combines them as a composite metallic like material. It has good protective properties whilst also being resilient to heat. A ballistic vest is provided.
- CarboPlasteel. An extremely strong carbon/plasteel laminate material used in building a variety of structures and items. Made at a smelter.
- Graphene. An extremely strong synthetic carbon-based material used in building a variety of structures and items. It also has a good tolerance to heat and useful electrical properties. The material is more effective against compression or blunt related damage but still effective otherwise. It is made by advanced injection moulding.
(Also includes a process for making Plasteel).
- RimRayon. An earlier semi-synthetic, RimRayon is made from wood (cellulose) and chemfuel (organic base). The properties sit between cloth and synthread. Research for RimRayon is not dependant on the production of RimPlas.
- RimPoly. A synthetic polymer fibre. Like RimPlas it is made from cloth and chemfuel, but it is also a byproduct of injection moulding.
- CarboSynth. Synthetic Carbon-fibre based cloth. It has a good tolerance for heat.
- Rimoprene. A Synthetic leather, derived from chemfuel, synthread and base leathers.
- Kevlar. Kevlar is a heat-resistant and strong synthetic fibre. Typically, it is spun into ropes or fabric sheets that can be used as such or as an ingredient in composite material components. (Available with the use of the mod Medical Supplements.)
- DevilSynth. Synthetic version of Devilstrand cloth. An Improvement on the base material.
- ElectroSteel Wool. A thin synthetic fibre made from steel and a small amount of silver.
- Gold Wool. A thin synthetic fibre made from gold. This is considered a rather voluptuous fabric.
- Plasteel Wool. A synthetic fibre derived from Plasteel.
(Also includes a process for making Synthread.)
- SynthBase. A synthetic precursor chemical. While it is useless on its own, it is used in the production of other synthetic materials.
- Pitch. A synthetic precursor chemical. While it is useless on its own, it is used in the production of other carbon-based synthetic materials.
- Asphalt. Construction material, normally made from aggregates and pitch, fast to work with and useful as a road/pathway material.
- Rimica. Blocks of Rimica composite laminate. A manufactured construction material that is heat resistant and has sterile properties. A tile is provided to help maintain more sterile rooms.
- Fortrimica. Blocks of fortified Rimica composite laminate. A manufactured construction material that is heat re-sistant. This synthetic has been fortified with the use of Plasteel.
All the list of features can be read here.
- VGP Garden: allows the use of ironwood and bamboo in addition to wood for the production of Pitch for carbon synthesis.
- Industrialisation: Uses concrete material for production of Asphalt, shifts recipe to concrete mixer. Carbon composites can additionally be made in the Electric Arc smelter.
- RF Concrete 1.0: Uses concrete material for the production of Asphalt.
- RT Fuse: Adds a carbon fibre and graphene circuit breaker.
- N7 Defences Expanded: Can use RimPlas in a recipe for making H-Barrier cells.
- Multiplayer – Native support (beta)
- Insulation – includes RimThermoPlas insulation structures.
- VFE – Production – additional cabinet use.
Visit Pelador’s Discord here.
A well thought-out mod that comes with a complete set of new materials, tech and items that will give you new opportunities to craft and evolve differently than in vanilla.