The RimCuisine Mod is focused on adding new crops and food types for your pawns to enjoy while they suffer horribly here on the Rim! Overall, the mod is designed to be vanilla-friendly and fit seamlessly into normal gameplay without changing things up too dramatically. A secondary design focus was to improve both tribal gameplay and caravaning with the addition of a number of food-preservation techniques that don’t rely on freezing temperatures or high technology.
RimCuisine Mod features
- New Crops: 20 new crops, ranging from tomatoes and onions to quinoa, soybeans, and yes, cacao!
- New Meals: A variety of new meals including mass-produced stews, sugary candy and mouth-drying hardtack.
- New Drugs: From simple coffee to highly addictive, life-ruining Skag, new drugs have been added for your pawn’s enjoyment and/or suffering.
- New Food Categories: All foods are now organized into the five major food groups: Meat, Grains, Vegetables, Fruits, and Sweets, varying between raw and processed. Processed ingredients, such as dried fruits/meat and canned goods can be used in cooking recipes just like raw ingredients, but tend to be more space and weight-efficient. All vanilla recipes have been updated to use these new categories!
- Changes to Existing Stuff: A few of the vanilla items have been slightly reworked to fit in properly with the mod. Meals have been updated to work right with the new categories and technologies. Healroot is given a raw plant that is harvested and then processed at a crafting spot or drug lab into herbal medicine. An overall yield-increase of 25% has been given to it to make up for the extra manpower required. Brewing has been moved to the cooking skill. And more! Changes are meant to be small and won’t change gameplay all that much.
The RimCuisine Mod is not compatible with mods such as Vegetable Garden or Toby’s Realistic Farming. however, it should be compatible with most other mods. Mods that add new foods might see some errors – though they may still work, just not necessarily very well with the new ingredient categories.
RimCuisine Mod Review
The RimCuisine Mod is a mod that expands greatly the possibilites for gardening and cooking. If you enjoy this part of the game, you will love this mod, but all the new options can also be overwhelming to learn at first.