Library required!This mod requires RimCuisine 2 Core in order to work. Please, ensure you have it installed and on a higher position in the mods list.
Welcome to RimCuisine 2: Bottling and Booze! This mod is all about alcohol. Well, also non-alcoholic beverages but who cares about those?! With 19 new alcohol types and a variety of recipes ranging from vodka and tequila, to ale, stout, wine and mead, your pawns are sure to love it!
RimCuisine 2: Bottling and Booze Expansion features
- New Non-Alcoholic Drinks: Iced Tea, Hot Cocoa, Energy Drinks, Fruit Soda and more! These non-alcoholic beverages are a great addition to your pawn’s recreational room and let them enjoy a number of sugary sweet drinks after a hard day of fending off the rampaging hoards of raiders, insects, and mechanoids.
- Fermented Drinks Similar to Beer from the vanilla game, these drinks are first processed at a brewery and then fermented for a number of days in their own casks. Relatively low on alcohol content, they’re also better for drinking – as many of them don’t have a good value-to-weight/time-made ratio. Except wine. Wine sells great.
- Distilled Drinks: A new type of alcoholic beverage is the distilled drink! They are generally made by putting raw ingredients such as corn or potatoes in a fermenting barrel then taking the resulting product and distilling it at either an electric or fueled distillery. The resulting product is highly concentrated alcohol that is better for selling than drinking (But don’t let me stop you!). It also happens to be highly flammable.. So watch the fireworks! Some however, are made from distilling other beverages even further!
- Electric Brewery: This upgrade to the standard brewery requires power and components, but works faster!
- Ambrosia Nectar: A special type of fermented drink, Ambrosia nectar is made from, you guessed it, Ambrosia. After turned into must at a brewery, it is then fermented in specialized casks that can only hold 5 at a time. Fermentation takes a whole year, so don’t let it spoil due to temperature! The finished product is the nectar of the gods. Ambrosia Nectar is completely, utterly, and permanently addictive similarly to Luciferium. Unlike Luciferium, it doesn’t cause them to die if they stop taking it – instead, the withdrawing pawn is permanently in a poor mood and just can’t seem to feel as much joy. Imbibing this drink puts the drinker into a 15-day ‘drunken high’ where they feel similar to being drunk without the bad side effects (No I lied, they can’t really walk straight or work well while drunk) Over this 15-day period the high slowly weakens until it goes away entirely and the pawn suffers from withdrawal effects.
- Changes to Vanilla stuff: Regular Wort for Beer now requires barley! It still requires hops, just less of them than it did. Hops are more of an addon than the main ingredient – this always bothered me. Like, you don’t make beer out of hops, you just use hops for flavoring and stuff. Sure they go IN beer, but they AREN’T beer, get what I’m saying? eh?
RimCuisine 2: Bottling and Booze Expansion Review
Become a magnate of alcoholic beverages! Selling drugs is one way to have a profitable colony. In the worse case scenario, your colonists will be very, very happy.