Proxy Heat Mod will allow temperature sources to warm you up or cool you down regardless of if they’re in an enclosed room or not. In the real world, you don’t need to have an enclosed space in order to cozy up around a campfire and prevent hypothermia. In most cases it’s a bit unnecessarily tedious and illogical needing to build walls, a roof, maybe a door around your heater/cooler just to even slightly feel the effects.
As long as it provides a comfortable enough temperature to help lessen their hypothermia/heatstroke, your colonists will now seek safe temperature at respective outdoor temperature buildings that are flicked on, powered, and/or fueled. Supported are the Campfire, Passive cooler, Heater, Cooler, and even the Steam Geyser, with a few more from mods listed below.
The Proxy Heat Mod is compatible out of the box with:
- Vanilla Furniture Expanded
- Vanilla Furniture Expanded – Spacer
- Vanilla Furniture Expanded – Power
- Vanilla Factions Expanded – Vikings
- Vanilla Factions Expanded – Settlers
- Tribal Signal Fire (Continued)
Authors can patch their mods to be compatible with this one if necessary too.
This is currently incompatible with Brr and Phew, but compatibility is being considered.
Does this require a new save?
– No, it can be seamlessly added to your game, the temperature radius will show up automatically.
How bad is this for performance?
– I haven’t noticed any performance issues when testing and playing with this myself, it’s quite lightweight unless you possibly make an unreasonable amount of campfires or something.
Why isn’t this working indoors?
– It is disabled for indoor temperature sources as it’s not necessary to have it, indoor temperatures work just as they do in vanilla until it is considered “outside”.
Can this keep crops warm/cool?
– No, but maybe someday for some temperature sources.
Does this work with normal fire?
– Unfortunately not, as normal fire’s not considered a building to the game.
Can you add compatibility for X?
– I can sure look into it and try, but it’s difficult for things that don’t use standard electricity/fuel sources.
I found a bug! Will you squash it?
– Please post a Hugslib log and explain the steps to recreate said bug. A Hugslib log will helps us help you to the best of our ability.
How you you get a Hugslib log?
– Make sure you have Hugslib in your load order, and after encountering it, hold Ctrl and press F12 to get a link to it.
Taranchuk for all the C# and primary XML.
Oskar Potocki for the preview image and inspiration.
Myself, LoggerC4, for XML and the idea.
Rimworld is owned by Tynan Sylvester.