The Performance Optimizer Mod adds various performance tweaks to the game. Its goal is to boost your game performance to some degree if you are already struggling with it. With this mod, you might expect about 20-35% of performance gains, but it largely depends on your mod list and current TPS. The number of 20-35% gain is taken from about a dozen reports from different players who were playtesting the mod. In your case, it can be more or less depending on the mod list and your PC. The mod is compatible with Rocketman and Rim73 and is generally loaded bottom in mod order.
Performance Optimizer Mod features
- Several UI elements will be hidden until you hover on them, which should save some FPS and TPS. Currently, resource readouts, bottom button bar, right overlay buttons, speed buttons were made hidden. Alerts are minimized (only important and medium will be shown) until hovered. These features are enabled by default, if you don’t like them, you can disable them in mod settings.
- Faster GetComp replacements.
- About 20+ vanilla methods are cached or throttled and some will be recalculated only in N refresh rates.
- Possibility to disable sounds completely if you don’t need them or you want to save some TPS. By default, it’s off.
- The mod comes with mod settings where you can configure and disable/enable everything in the mod.
Static Quality Plus – there is an issue with preventing crafting notifications, which doesn’t work. I tried to look into it and it’s impossible to fix, because the mod doesn’t use Harmony, but own detouring code which is destructive. Ask them to use Harmony and the issue will be gone.
The mod was written with mod compatibility in mind, so it should generally not conflict with mods, but if you know of an incompatible mod, please submit a bug report!
- RocketMan – a great performance mod, which is must-have for everyone!
- Rim73 – another performance mod, which boosts the game. But I recommend to disable its job and hediff optimizations as they are done desctructively and might cause issues with your mods.
- [LTO] Colony Groups – a colonist bar mod which is more performant than the vanilla colonist bar and faster if you use its grouping functionality and hide your pawns within them.
- Toggleable Overlays – helps with performance by skipping drawing overlays.
- Toggleable Readouts – optimizes vanilla readouts list drawing.
- Dubs Performance Analyzer – a performance analyzing tool which has some performance tweaks included.
C# work – Taranchuk
Mod preview – Madman666
Harmony – Andreas Pardeike
RimWorld is owned by Tynan Sylvester.