The Go Explore! Mod is a new event mod for RimWorld. It provides new events and exciting opportunities for exploration. Go explore ancient cities or try to capture a spaceship!
Go Explore! Mod features
- Lost City. An ancient city got somehow destroyed. You can travel there and loot any resources and items they left. But beware of the danger! There are currently three different types of “Lost City” events:
- Bombarded City. The city is under constant orbital bombardment. Grab your loot before it is destroyed!
- Infested City. The city is infested with insect hives. Try to avoid them and grab what you can or exterminate them all.
- Toxic City. Everything is under a constant toxic rain. The former inhabitants built shelters to survive and store their stuff. Open them up at your own risk…
- Ship Core Startup. You detect a nearby energy signature of a ship core that is powering up! Go investigate, maybe you can take over the ship or scrap it down for parts. You’ll have to deal with the current owners though…
- Ambrosia Addicted Animals. There is a large ambrosia sprout nearby! Unfortunately, some animals seem to be hooked on the fruits and will defend them from intruders.
- New Settlement. A faction expanded and created a settlement in your general area.
- Research Request. A non-hostile faction is stuck with a problem and is requesting your best researcher to help them out. If you send a good researcher you will obtain a boost to your relationship and some research points to a random unfinished research.
- Prison Camp. A non-hostile faction asks for assistance in freeing some of their prisoners from a camp near your colony. You have to defeat the hostile defenders and help the prisoners flee.
- Intercepted Message. Your comms unit intercepted a message. It indicates a nearby location to some loot. You suspect it could be a trap to lure your caravan into an ambush.
The Go Explore! Mod should be compatible with most mods, including Combat Extended, RimCities and Real Ruins.
Additional credits: Albion – creator of this mod and most of the code, ChickenPlucker – did the awesome preview, Mehni – helped with the code for the prisoners in the prison camp events and Halno – created the textures for the storage boxes.
Visitor Rating: 5 Stars