There is so much water in this world and you always dreamt to eat a fresh grilled fish! Here it comes, the Fish Industry debarks in Rimworld!
The Fish Industry Mod adds several fish-related resources, buildings and jobs, allowing your colony to live off the water.
Fish Industry mod features
- Fishing pier: simple building built on a water bank. It allows your hunters to catch some fishes.
- Fishing pier (on mud): it costs more but can be built on mud.
- Aquaculture basin: advanced building used to breed some aquatic species. Expensive renewable source of meat. Is unlocked by “Aquaculture” research after “Hydroponics”.
- Aquaculture hopper: refrigerated hopper to hold fishes’ food (must be built near an aquaculture basin).
- New recipes at the campfire to cook a grilled fish simple meal.
- Oyster as joy food.
- New meditative joy activity on fishing pier (watching shiny water).
The fishing job is considered a hunting job. Its tasks’ priorities are defined as follows: hunting > operating aquaculture basin > filling aquaculture hopper> fishing at fishing pier.
You can stop fishing activities by forbidding the fishing pier and flicking the aquaculture basin’s power.