The Facial Stuff Mod aims to provide more visual individuality for your colonists. A randomizer chooses between the features mentioned below and creates a new individual appearance for each pawn. Did I mention that this mod also adds hands, feet and a set of four different walk cycles?
Facial Stuff Mod features
- Hands and feet, animated and optional (also for animals, unfinished)
- Smooth weapon animations and changed offsets
- 30+ different beards, adapted to each head type, are included. Vanilla heads were redrawn and slightly modified.
- Pawns need a certain age for fully hair fluff.
- 10 newly defined skin colors instead of the vanilla 6
- New eye shapes + various brows for the pawns
- Hair color mixing based on real life colors. No more unrealistic hair colors apart from the trend colors of 5501. Natural hair colors are a result of the amount of pheomelanin and eumelanin. Those values are used for related pawns, resulting in consistent hair colors among families.
- Hair gets grey at a certain age, but not everyone ages the same
- Wrinkles for old colonists, visible by age (optional)
- Added vanilla hair styles with 10 steps of hair loss.
- Features pawn head rotations, pawns now react to their environment
- Visible hair while hats are worn (optional)
- Adds options to the main menu to always hide hats while the pawn is roofed or lying in a bed (optional)
- Adds easy customization of your colonists at the Dresser. Can also be used to configure the starting pawns, also available within Prepare Carefully. Look out for the smiley symbol
The Facial Stuff Mod is compatible with:
- Alien Races Framework – you’ll need this patch (Direct Download).
- Children & Pregnancy – no conflicts, mod ignores pawns younger than 14 and skips to the vanilla renderer.
- Prepare Carefully – possibility to edit, save & load the visual appearance with the colonist presets.
Most likely not compatible with anything else which modifies the PawnRenderer (e.g. Show Hair With Hats or Hide All Hats, Headgear Frame).
Facial Stuff Mod Review
If you like to customize your colonists or you want to make them more easy to distinguish, the Facial Stuff Mod gives you the chance to do just that. More customization is always welcome!