The Expanded Roofing Mod adds customizable roofing, with transparent greenhouse roofing and photovoltaic solar roofing. Reworked from Vendan’s original idea. A direct port of the Github version made by AaronCRobinson. I take no credit for anything made in this mod.
Found bugs? Please report them on the Github page.
Expanded Roofing Mod features
- Transparent roofs that let almost all light through
- Solar roofs and controllers that can be used to generate power
- Removal of thick roofs
- Thick roofs (which require maintenance as of Late A17/B18)
- 4 new techs to research for each of these features.
- Disables settings when `Don’t Tempt Me!` is enabled (Vassteel Rydex’s request)
Solar Roofing and Controllers explained
- Each controller has a max output of 2500w
- Each solar tile produces 200w during full sun
- There is no limit to the number of controllers connected to a section of tiles
- Maintenance required for thick roofs (only)
- Maintenance is a long tick (once every 2000 ticks)
- Maintenance is required after 5000 ticks (~167 days)
- After 7500 ticks collapses can occur by MTB event. (~250 days)
- MTB event is set for 3.5 days.
- These numbers are subject to change.
- New designators are in the `Zone` tab
- Due to how roofs are implement, it’s easiest to rezone default roofing to new types.
It’s recommended to have this mod load early in your mod load order.
Translations: English, Turkish (by Slevilex), Russian (by Garr Incorporated, updated by lex1975), French (by Jozay), Chinese (by Rosenmund and 不为人知的汉子) and Japanese (by mundane_m).
Acknowledgements: Thank to Erdelf for getting me back on track and Xen for designator artwork and special thanks to Pardeike’s amazing non-destructive patching library, Harmony.