This mod adds two buildings that let the player install a variety of upgrades onto their mechanoids.
Biotech Mech Stuff Elongated – Mechanoid Upgrades V2 Mod features
- Build the upgrader [either the basic or large variant depending on which mechanoids you want to upgrade].
- Select the desired mode [standard being the default one].
- Deliver the necessary resources [done automatically by haulers].
- Select the mechanoid that you want to give the upgrade to [it will either enter on its own or get carried into it].
- Wait for the upgrade cycle to finish, the mechanoid will be released upon its completion.
- The base upgrader only accepts light and medium class mechanoids, while the large one is for heavy and ultra-heavy classes.
- Most upgrades can be improved further by putting a mechanoid through the same upgrade cycle repeatedly until its maximum level is reached.
- Upgrade cycles that require the use of the large variant take twice as long.
- There are a few toggleable options besides the mode selection.
- When an upgraded mechanoid dies, it will drop a new kind of slag that can be smelted in order to recover roughly 60-75% of the materials used for the upgrade.
- Loss of electricity halts the upgrade process.
- Currently the upgrades might…wary in terms of balance, I’m open to suggestions on this one.
List of upgrades
- Should be compatible with all modded mechanoids as long as they have a brain [that’s where the hediff goes] and they fit Biotech’s 4 weight classes. Ones not fitting the class requirement should in the worst-case scenario simply not be able to receive an upgrade.
- No idea if it works with CE or not ¯_(ツ)_/¯
- Haven’t tested it with *a lot* of other mods yet, let me know if any weird interactions or incompatibilities pop up.